WITCHy Turkey Day Recipes!
Part Three: BROCCOLI CHEDDAR RICE SOUP
this shit ain’t vegan, folks!
WHAT YA NEED:
- Whole milk (it’s either whole milk or cream + skim, I figure keep it simple)
- Corn starch
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Veggie broth
- Prepared rice
- Whatever spices you do
WHAT YA DO:
- Chop the crap outta the onions and garlic and butter fry them up in a pan
- Food processor the broccoli and add it to the onions.
- Fry that up for a few minutes
- dump into big ol pot with the broth and boil it out.
- Reduce to simmer
- You can blend at this point, or leave it all lumply.
- In another pan, wisk your milk and cornstarch. You want to thicken up the milk to that t doesn’t curdle when you put it in the soup. You want it runny but thicker than water… like a cake batter but without lumps.
- Add the cheese into the broccoli broth
- Stir in thickened milk
- Dump in your prepared rice
Photo by chefmommy-brandao.blogspot.com
Good. Use chicken stock in place of vegetable broth and towards the end add some shrimp. Yummy.