This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
If you have trouble performing this test, your life could be cut short.
Another App Won’t Solve Your Problems | Mac.AppStorm -
The important thing is the work, not the tools.
What we believe in.
What Does IQ Really Measure? -
I’ve wondered for a long time how IQ studies controlled for the motivation level of the participants. Turns out they don’t:
New work, led by Angela Lee Duckworth, a psychologist at the University of Pennsylvania, and reported online today in the Proceedings of the National Academy…
WITCHy Turkey Day Recipes!
Part Three: BROCCOLI CHEDDAR RICE SOUP
this shit ain’t vegan, folks!
WHAT YA NEED:
- Whole milk (it’s either whole milk or cream + skim, I figure keep it simple)
- Corn starch
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Veggie broth
- Prepared rice
- Whatever spices you do
WHAT YA DO:
- Chop the crap outta the onions and garlic and butter fry them up in a pan
- Food processor the broccoli and add it to the onions.
- Fry that up for a few minutes
- dump into big ol pot with the broth and boil it out.
- Reduce to simmer
- You can blend at this point, or leave it all lumply.
- In another pan, wisk your milk and cornstarch. You want to thicken up the milk to that t doesn’t curdle when you put it in the soup. You want it runny but thicker than water… like a cake batter but without lumps.
- Add the cheese into the broccoli broth
- Stir in thickened milk
- Dump in your prepared rice
Photo by chefmommy-brandao.blogspot.com
Good. Use chicken stock in place of vegetable broth and towards the end add some shrimp. Yummy.
After 15 Years, Winamp Finally Done Whipping The Llama’s Ass -
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Winamp, the first MP3 player I ever used. At some point in the late 1990s, I recall downloading my first MP3 — “Circles” by Soul Coughing — and firing up Winamp and being absolutely amazed. A piece of software, on my computer, was playing music without any sort of physical media present. It was so obviously the future.
And it really did whip the llama’s ass (bonus points to Frederic Lardinois for an excellent and appropriate title).
Eric Schmidt writes a guide for switching from iPhone to Android
Thinking about making the switch from from iPhone to Android? “Many” of Eric Schmidt’s friends are, he says — and so he wrote them a 900-word guide to walk them through the process. Google’s executive chairman took to Google today to share tips and best practices for abandoning Apple’s ecosystem in favor of Google’s. “Many of my iPhone friends are converting to Android,” Schmidt writes. “The latest high-end phones from Samsung (Galaxy S4), Motorola (Verizon Droid Ultra) and the Nexus 5 (for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) have better screens, are faster, and have a much more intuitive interface. They are a great Christmas present to an iPhone user!”
Does religion make people work harder?
Researchers recommend that human resource departments create the space for spirituality at work by setting up affinity groups and meditation rooms.