Different perspectives on weather the Unix/Linux command line interface is useful, dead, or absolutely required:
That’s right — “Is the command line a crusty old relic?” was the name of the Open Ballot posted recently by the excellent team over at TuxRadar, and the conversation hasn’t died down since.
16 Notes/ Hide
- chvnx answered:absolutely required
- humblybumbly answered:Yes.
- glennstovall reblogged this from appliedcoffeetechnology
- glennstovall likes this
- c0d3 answered:I still right CLI apps for small things I need to conveniently do in a hurry. It is just more intuitive for small tasks at times.
- c0d3 likes this
- cabbagebot likes this
- joethought likes this
- morningorgan reblogged this from techemotions
- morningorgan likes this
- cat-es answered:yes of course, if i want to write a script i need such commands, and before writing it in a script i want to test it on the command-line.
- techemotions posted this